If you’re looking for a security system for your home or office, then Honeywell is a great place to start. While this review will focus on Honeywell’s commercial options, the company is also known for their home security solutions.
Honeywell is a time-honored brand that has a great reputation with countless businesses worldwide. Their alarm systems are uncomplicated and reliable, which makes them great for corporations. However, their systems don’t come with 24/7 live monitoring and aren’t as technology-forward as other companies’ products. For these reasons, Honeywell may be a better solution for businesses looking for basic security and not more high-tech, complicated systems.
On their website, Honeywell lists over ten markets that can benefit from their security products, including:
- College campuses and universities
- Commercial offices
- Financial companies
- Government buildings
- Hospitals and other health care companies
- Houses of worship
- Industrial companies
- Life sciences businesses
- Military buildings
- Retail companies
Because Honeywell systems are so versatile and flexible, there are few industries who can’t benefit from installing one. In addition, Honeywell is always working on developing new technologies, so even if you don’t see products that fit your business’ needs now, there’s a good chance that Honeywell will offer them in the future.
Honeywell’s reputation precedes it. The company’s years of experience and positive reviews prove that they are serious about customer satisfaction. Some additional benefits are:
- Honeywell has been around for over 75 years. They’re not new to the security industry and their name has been trusted by businesses for almost a century.
- Honeywell alarms integrate seamlessly with other Honeywell products. If your business is already using a Honeywell access control system or video system, then adding a Honeywell alarm system will be a breeze.
- Honeywell products can also be integrated with a business’ existing security system. This lowers costs because instead of replacing the entire system, customers can simply purchase a few new Honeywell products to expand what’s already in place.
- You can connect your Honeywell alarm system with CCTV for additional protection.
- Honeywell’s hardware has a clean, modern design that will fit unobtrusively into almost any workplace.
- Honeywell tests their products thoroughly to ensure they meet all industry standards.
- Many Honeywell products come with backup batteries in case of an emergency.
- Honeywell’s website has multiple helpful resources for consumers to use, including how-to Youtube videos and links to training sessions.
Honeywell’s more basic technologies may not be sufficient for all businesses. Some difficulties customers may experience include:
- Their customer service office and technical support line are only open limited hours from Monday through Friday. These hours can be inconvenient when issues with your Honeywell system arise.
- No prices are listed online, so it can be difficult for consumers to compare Honeywell’s prices to others.
- Usually, pricing is determined by the retailer through which you purchase Honeywell products. This means the price of your new security system can vary wildly between retailers.
- Honeywell has more mobile apps for their home systems than for their commercial systems. For business owners on the go, this can be nerve wracking because there are less ways to adjust or monitor their business’ security when they are away from the office.
- Honeywell does not provide any monitoring services. This can be a disadvantage for businesses with many physical assets that need protection.
- Honeywell’s website can be confusing because products are listed with very short descriptions filled with technical language. If you aren’t familiar with security industry terms and vocabulary, then it may be difficult for you to find the products you are looking for.
- You must be HVAC certified in order to install a Honeywell security system. Installation can be very difficult and usually involves hiring a professional, which can be an additional expense.
Honeywell offers a wide variety of hardware. Customers can purchase all of these products or just a few to design the security system that’s right for their business.
- Control panels
- Wireless products (motion sensors, smoke detectors)
- Communication devices (receivers, fire alarm transmission systems, Internet systems)
- Sounding devices
- Life safety products
- Expansion devices and other accessories (sounders, strobes, manual pull stations, upgrade kits, and more)
Honeywell’s reliability makes it a solid choice. However, its website and technology may not suit every business’ needs. When choosing a security system, be sure to research every option thoroughly. Price, technology, and reputation all play a role in how a company’s security system will perform for your workplace. Security systems aren’t one size fits all and every business is different.
To read more about Honeywell’s security solutions, visit their website here.