Standard objects in Salesforce include Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity. Custom objects are objects that you create to store information that's specific to your company or industry.
Connect Kisi with Standard objects in Salesforce to automatically create a Kisi account for any new contact in Salesforce.
While Salesforce has Native Integrations or APIs for apps like Slack, LinkedIn, MailChimp, Docusign, third-party integrations such as Zapier are also available to integrate with.
Here, we examine how we can use Zapier to create new contacts on Salesforce as new users on Kisi.
Step 1: Select Salesforce Action
1. Log in to Zapier and create a Zap at https://zapier.com/app/zap
2. Chose a trigger and specify Salesforce as the app & event
3. Select New Record as event and click continue
4. Chose your Salesforce account or login with your username and password for the first time
5. Set up Trigger, in this case, since we are dealing with Salesforce contacts, we chose contacts.
6. Test your trigger, a sample contact is usually pulled by Zapier at this stage
Step 2: Add Kisi Action
Several Kisi actions are currently available on Zapier for integrations, for this use case, we will make use of the “Create User” action
1. Choose App and Event as Kisi and Create New User respectively
2. Chose your Kisi action or sign in with your API key if it’s your first time
3. Using data pulled from Salesforce, Specify the configuration for creating a user in Kis. i.e specify name, email, password, etc.
4. Test your action to ensure that it’s successful
5. Publish your Zap
After this, every new contact created in Salesforce will be synced as a new user in Kisi. A sample zap that has been created following these steps can be found here