Doorking System: Access Control Review and Pricing
Doorking, also known as DKS, is a popular system in the residential market. The California-based company was established in 1948, making it one of the oldest physical security solution providers in the United States. The company offers a wide range of security products, like telephone entry systems, traffic control, access control and others. Access control systems are the flagship product of DKS, making up a large portion of its services.
They offer a wide range of access control solutions based on a varied product line which includes traditional lock and key solutions, wired electronic access control solutions, wireless solutions and mobile application-based modern access management solutions. One of its most beloved residential access control products is a dial-in intercom, which a building to connect multiple apartments or offices to one system through a telephone line. Visitors can dial any one of many residents, allowing for easy use and security.
Doorking access control solutions include the following products, which can be used on their own or as part of a larger system:
- Digital keypads
- Multi-door access controllers
- Standalone card readers
- Magnetic gate locks
- Strike and deadbolt electric locks
- Magnetic door locks
- Radio frequency controllers
- Proximity card readers
- Many kinds of accessories, including high-gain antenna, enclosure, cables and buttons
- SmartOpen and Digital Lock Manager software applications
Doorking also offers numerous instruments and devices that are used to provide power and control signals through wired or wireless mechanism to the access control system. Digital cameras, heaters, lock boxes, surge suppressors, power inverters and transformers are a few examples of additional access control products that can be added through DKS, keeping all of the hardware from a single provider and cutting down on confusion.
You may also like:Access Control System Pricing and Installation Costs
Doorking does not currently provide cloud-based access control systems. However, its other security solutions offer a large number of features, functions and capabilities that make it one of the country’s leading access control providers. DKS has been able to maintain its respected position in the access control marketplace with a solid base of customer service and great products. Doorking possesses vast industry experience to offer customer-oriented access control solutions with the help of its wide range of products. They’re known to have a great team of customer support staff and are responsive on their Facebook page. Doorking keeps its clients satisfied through its world-class customer support service powered by expert technical and customer support teams.
Their products are powered by powerful research and development and time-tested technologies in the marketplace. DKS keeps its customers coming back with technology that has been developed over time, without jumping to new products too quickly. The company also provides a large number of access control products and accompanying accessories and plugins that are manufactured in-house by the company.
Advantages of Doorking
- Expert customer service: The people at DKS genuinely seem to want their customers to have a positive, painless experience with each of their products.
- Android app: Using an application called SmartOpen that’s currently only available on Android, Doorking’s customers can manage their security system from anywhere.
- Quality hardware: The company has been around for decades, so it has a great deal of experience with manufacturing equipment that will last. All of it is made in the United States.
Disadvantages of Doorking
- No cloud-based access control: Unfortunately, one of today’s most popular forms of access control cannot be used with Doorking products, meaning that systems could age poorly.
- Outdated hardware: Along the same lines as the previous point, even hardware that is well-made can become outdated, especially in a world that is growing technologically at a rapid pace. Many of DKS’s competitors have more modern offerings.
- Limited mobile app: Any customers that don’t currently use an Android phone cannot use the company’s app, limiting their use and accessibility.
Whenever you need to safeguard your home or your business, DKS can be a solid choice for access control. You can secure virtually any household, office, shop, warehouse, restaurant or other facility that needs foolproof security. With a great reputation of customer service, Doorking is great for spaces that need a lot of support. However, a lack of modern technology could be a problem down the line.