VIZpin Access Control Review
VIZpin is an access control web service based in Pennsylvania. It can be used to manage access to doors, gates, garages, cabinets, machines, storage units, vehicles or similar facilities. VIZpin eliminates the need for access control cards, panels, software and IT networks. The company’s app, available for Android and iPhones, shows all your electronic keys, where they work and when they work.
Unlike its competitors, VIZpin is a digital-first company that actively encourages the use of smartphones as access keys. In a world that is quickly growing to adopt this trend, this is incredibly important. Through the company’s app, users can request access from card readers and administrators can make changes to the system and respond to alarms from anywhere.
VIZpin access control solutions include the following pieces of technology:
- Bluetooth system controllers
- Gate controller
- Cloud-based keyless entry service
- IP65-rated Nema Enclosure
- Solar power devices
- Smartphone keys
Smartphone Apps - how VIZpin SMART app works The VIZpin device is secured via Bluetooth connection and every event is recorded in the cloud. Accounts include keys that users can send and cancel, and administrators can monitor their activity. Unlike other Bluetooth systems, VIZpin Bluetooth keys are more secure — they have added multiple layers of security and encryption to make sure the keys can’t be copied or hacked. And if a cardholder loses their phone, managers can simply transfer their code to a new device without having to call or consult anyone else.
The bluetooth system controllers work with the VIZpin cloud management tools and smartphone apps, so users can remotely manage all of their doors and access points. The bluetooth VIZpin uses is a built-in, long-range Bluetooth reader and can be mounted in a secure area away from weather and vandals. That means it would not be visible as a wall reader from outside of the premise or facility. It only takes four wires and two screws to install, and clients can use VIZpin as a complete, fully-featured electronic access system controller. The VP1 can replace old access control systems without disrupting a business because it will work with many existing card readers, keypads and biometrics. If tenants or visitors don't have a smartphone, they can use Bluetooth fobs, which are also available through the company.
Advantages of VIZpin
- Cloud-based: Like the best, most modern access control providers, VIZpin is a cloud-based service that allows changes to be made from just about anywhere with an internet connection.
- Direct or third-party sales: Unlike competitors that make clients choose one or the other, VIZpin allows its customers to make their own choice between buying products from a retailer or from the company itself.
- Cheap prices: Because of its unique setup, the company is able to offer prices that can be much lower than the costs of traditional access control systems.
Disadvantages of VIZpin
- Limited functionality: For companies that require more security, VIZpin is simply not the best or most comprehensive option available on the market. It works best for companies that need a quick, cheap solution.
- Bypassable reader-controllers: If someone wants to break into a facility that has reader-controllers, they can simply short the wire to gain entry, which makes these areas much less secure.
- No integration: VIZpin hardware will not integrate with very many existing access control systems, so companies that are not starting fresh should probably look elsewhere.
Looking for an overview of access control prices and installation costs?
VIZpin is an Access Control as a Service (ACaaS) web service. It can be used to manage access to doors, gates, garages, cabinets, machines, storage units, vehicles or similar facilities. VIZpin eliminates the need for access control cards, panels, software and IT networks. The VIZpin app, available for Android and iPhones, shows all your electronic keys, where they work and when they work. When you arrive, simply press the UNLOCK button.
With VIZpin's access control and visitor management VIZpin allows users to control access to multiple facilities securely and inexpensively by sending digital keys to smartphones and managing employees, contractors and vendors. Keys can be one-time use, yet cannot copied. The service allows the system administrators to revoke access easily anytime from anywhere. This even allows for managing multiple locations and VIZpin even works offline. However, there are safer options available on the market.