Kisi, voted as one of the top 500 rising companies, offers businesses and individuals alike the assistance they require to set up an integrated automatic door management system.
By providing access control, security, data storage, and remote management all in one go, this type of system is a must for all businesses.
What is an Automatic Door Opener?
An automatic door opener is an easy-access, simple-to-operate system for the doors of any type of business, industrial or commercial. Previously, ADA requirements required the use of an automatic door system. However, it has increasingly become a measure of a customer-focused business.
How do they work?
Automatic doors respond to a variety of sensors, e.g. light, sound, motion. When triggered, they send a signal to the door to open. Automatic operators can be electro-mechanical or electro-hydraulic and are very useful. Particularly at exterior entrance doors.
Types of Automatic Door Opener Operators
Electro-mechanical operators focus more on frequent automatic usage and make use of a mechanical motor to open and close the door. Electro-hydraulic operators are mainly manual operators. The operators respond to an electric signal sent through an actuator.
Actuators may receive a wireless signal through a wireless push button or credential check, such as a smart card scan. Alternatively, someone may unknowingly activate and send a signal through a motion sensor detection. This detection can take many forms, such as surveillance, card readers, or access systems - all of which can be done by Kisi to make the door opener process seamless.
As a part of access control, some auto operators may receive notifications that can be programmed as demanded by the automatic door opener. This feature forms a part of the software functionality, something which Kisi offers its customers.
With Kisi specifically, we can assure online and offline accessibility. This functionality is a fantastic additional feature as it allows you to schedule when the door should lock. For example, you can set it to unlock and stay open at the start of a fitness class.
The adoption of automated door functionality can increase security measures in a business. Depending on the door type, doors may become operable by security staff personnel from a single remote-controlled access. This option ensures more control occurs over who enters and leaves the premises.
There is also an option to link other technologies such as alarm systems to automatic doors. For instance, one can configure doors to automatically open in the event of an emergency.
Kisi also offers this feature as a part of its access control. Management may be able to exercise more control and, thus, greater security in being able to manage access via the cloud. All data about who can and can’t enter is stored and managed on this online management system.
The Kisi controller can connect exit buttons, track visitors that leave, and unlock triggered doors, for instance.
Ensures Accessibility and ADA Compliance
An automatic door opener removes the difficulty in accessing specific spaces that people with disabilities, children, or elderly individuals, may struggle with.
Temperature balances are easily thrown off by something as simple as the act of opening a door manually. The presence of air conditioners in an office would then have to work that much harder to restore the balance, and, thus, use more energy to do so.
However, the installation of an automatic door opener allows a business to save money in one or more areas of their life.
- Hygienic: With an automated door, one does not need to compromise on hygiene as it does not require the need to touch a doorknob, handle, or door.
- Improves Credibility: As a business, your brand is everything. If the intended projection of your business is to appear modern, credible, or professional, an automatic door would only serve to improve the projected image.
- Hassle-free: An automatic door opener makes life easier for all parties involved. Not only can it store the information of all visitors, but it can also provide automated timers of when to lock and unlock. In addition, it offers remote unlock functionality from a central dashboard.
- Saves space and is easy to install: An automatic door can be a useful means of maximizing one’s space should it be a limited resource.
- Cost-effective: Unlike the usual wear and tear that comes with too many accidental wind-induced door slams of your usual door, an automatic door is less likely to need repairs as often.
Automatic doors are simple to use and provide numerous benefits for businesses. With Kisi, you can improve the security and functionality of your space in no time.