Overview of Kisi
Kisi is a cloud-based physical access control system that's comprised of door controllers, proximity readers, and management software.
Kisi manufactures its own proprietary hardware (controllers and door readers) with in-house engineers who develop and support its software. In terms of availability, Kisi sells directly to clients in addition to its global reseller program.
The Kisi door controller connects to the cloud management software via ethernet cable or WiFi connection, and each controller connects up to four doors, elevators or turnstiles.
Kisi Reader Pro is built from the ground up with convenience, compliance and compatibility in mind.
The reader is powered over ethernet (PoE) and now offers offline caching for emergency scenarios. The Bluetooth and NFC wall reader works effortlessly with both access cards and mobile devices to securely unlock doors.
With the cloud management dashboard, administrators of the facility can share keys, control access permissions based on the time and door, and see access reports for unlock activity.
User credentials for the system include mobile apps for Android and iOS devices that communicate with readers using NFC and Bluetooth.
Kisi understands that not everyone has a smartphone or wants to carry it around with them all the time. That's why key holders can also use Kisi Passes, which are Kisi’s own, more secure, version of the traditional proximity card.
Kisi tags are also available for those who would like to stick them on their existing cards!
The Kisi Advantage
- Our hardware is plug and play, it's so simple you can even install it yourself
- We run over-the-air updates for our hardware—updates are always fuss-free
- Our key sharing is truly seamless, it's as easy as sending an email
- We allow for out-of-the-box integrations with user directories, e.g. Google Apps or Microsoft Azure
- We are the only provider in the market offering documented and published end-to-end encryption
- Our products get new firmware and security patches as soon as they're available
- We release new features each month and our API is well documented