Mercury Security’s Hardware and Cloud-Based Access Control
The company is innovative and offers scalable and open hardware that can be used for both legacy and cloud-based access control systems.
The inter-operability of Mercury Security hardware is attributed to Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP), which can be extended to IP environments.
Mercury Security's controllers are ethernet-enabled and allow a seamless integration with predominantly HID-based access control systems.
Authentic Mercury Controllers Support:
- Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) and Secure Communication Protocol (SCP) for bi-directional, secure communications
- Physical Security Interoperability Alliance (PSIA) for standards based on integrations
- BACnet for streamlined building automation and control
- Common Internet and network standards
Which companies can find this hardware useful?
Being one of the most trusted hardware suppliers, Mercury Security has gained the reputation of being a manufacturer that provides robust security on a next-generation level. The fact that over 90 organizations of the Fortune 100 companies use Mercury’s products speaks for itself. Thousands of companies worldwide choose Mercury as a reliable partner and have installed over 3 million of controllers produced by the manufacturer. Both large corporations and small firms can benefit from its high-performing solutions. Mercury’s intelligent controllers serve as an access control platform for controlling from single to 64 access points to suite any company’s needs.
Cons of Mercury Security Hardware:
- Not all of the access control companies write software that is compatible with all Mercury platforms
- Users should be aware of the ancillary costs (wiring, installation costs, work of the electrician, etc.) that may be added on top of the hardware/integration costs
Looking for an alternative?
For further information about the costs involved, you can take a look at our article on access control systems installation costs.
If you are looking for an alternative to Mercury Security, you can check out how Kisi works or our pricing here.
Note: This article has been updated to reflect HID Global's recent acquisition of Mercury Security. Kisi Security has no affiliation or partnership with Mercury Security.