There are three basic reports that an organization has to achieve SOC1, SOC2 and SOC3. The SOC2 compliance report is associated directly with the security mechanism and procedures.
Blissfully has come up with a comprehensive guide to help you achieve SOC 2 compliance easily -- very useful we'd say!
Main Components for SOC2 Access Control Compliance
SOC2 compliance is governed by five fundamental attributes described in section 100 of TSP principles. Among those principles, the ‘Security’ directly governs the SOC2 access control compliance. All major components that are also closely associated with the SOC2 access control compliance include:
- Processing integrity
Let’s expand upon those main principles in the perspective of SOC2 physical security compliance of an organization.
The complete protection from external access – both the physical and logical, should be properly restricted. The access procedures to the resources, assets and data should be properly designed as per rules and regulations based on the authorized access. The authorized access should be ID based and events should be easily traceable.
Confidentiality should be maintained as per the standard policy agreed upon by the users, clients and other stakeholders of the company. Similarly, the availability and processing integrity should comply with the standard policy and agreements made with the users. The compliance of these rules qualifies a company as SOC2 access control compliant.
What Companies is SOC2 Compliance Is Mandatory For?
All companies that collect the personal or business information from the customers and provide services remotely from their own locations are required to get SOC2 physical security compliance certification. The main industries that require SOC2 compliance include:
- Cloud Service Providers
- Data Center Hosting
- Web Hosting
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Finance and Healthcare services
How can a Company Can Get SOC2 Physical Security Compliance?
A company can get SOC2 physical security compliance by following the following main steps.
- Develop proper policies that are required for SOC reporting platform
- Implement all procedures and requirements set forth by AT 101 and TSP section 100
- Assess the system, controls and organizational resources with respect to above rules
- Create documents like ‘Statement of assertion’ and description of ‘System’
- Complete presentation of the people, service, subservice, system boundaries, and other aspects of the organization and its controls
- Submit and get certified report
Checklist for SOC2 Compliance
- Company policies
- Standard operational procedures
- Communication policies in place
- Monitoring and feedback mechanism
- Coordination and commitments
Regain Full Control the Easy Way
Discover what makes Kisi the most advanced cloud access control solution.