Why should a warehouse be concerned with setting up its security measures?
According to CargoNet information published on Transport Topics News website, the businesses sustained over $114 million losses due to warehouse thefts in the USA only. It is about 13.3% higher than the previous value of the theft in 2015, which stood over $100 million.
There are many other incidents that have been reported in recent months across the USA. In such circumstances, every owner of the warehouse should be very much concerned about taking robust security measures for warehouse to safeguard its valuable inventory.
What is the ideal security arrangement for a warehouse?
The designing the ideal security measures for warehouse, which happens to be spread over a large area, needs the special attention to many components and factors.
- Always make separate the portions with physical partitions for receiving and dispatching the goods
- Entrance and exit doors of the warehouse should be guarded with powerful physical access control system based on the latest technologies for all vehicles and people
- Devise a proper policy for trash and scrap removal from the warehouse
- Vehicle loading should be done through separate channels for a better warehouse security
- Install a CCTV surveillance system for live monitoring of the internal and external activities
- Integrate warehouse security system with inventory management system
- A proper zoning of the warehouse security system should be done for better security management
- Don’t allow visitors roaming in the warehouse without supervision of warehouse staff
- Install proper alarm system to alert you for any misadventure or malicious activity
- Establish a proper control for the outgoing shipping consignment
- Proper inspection of the vehicles going in and out of the warehouse should be done
- The proper security lighting system inside and outside the warehouse should be installed
- Manned guards should be employed at the entrance and exit checkpoints
- Regular review and maintenance of the warehouse security system should be done
- Fire equipment should be installed at appropriate positions
What are some of the unique points a warehouse should take note when setting up its security process?
The main points that a warehouse should take note of include the following:
- Proper assessment of warehouse area, locality and the local crime records
- Always try to devices customized measures for warehouse security that are fit for that particular area
- There should not be any physical or logical access on the basis of exceptions
- Implement latest high tech physical access control systems integrated with the surveillance and alarm systems
- Internal staff should be properly scrutinized before he/she is hired
- The security procedures and policies should be followed strictly
Kisi allows you to manage your warehouse access control remotely and integrate it with your alarm system: learn how!
Regain Full Control the Easy Way
Discover what makes Kisi the most advanced cloud access control solution.